Curbside Recycling Facts:
- Recycling will start in July 2022.
- Recycling is mandatory for single family homes. Plans to include condos and apartments will be considered in the future.
- Cost to residents: $5.50 per month or $3.00 per month for senior citizens age 65 and older. Forms to apply for senior citizen discount rate will be available June 1, 2022 at the Treasurer's Office.
- Carts will be received by residents in May/June 2022 at no cost to the resident. The cart will be similar in size to the current trash carts.
- Recycling education and information will start in April/May 2022. An informational packet will be included with your recycling cart at delivery and direct mailers will be sent.
September 20, 2021 during the Council Study Session the following proposal was presented showing the 4 options we have for curbside recycling.
The attached pdf (below) of the PowerPoint which was presented to Council provides an outline for potential solutions to our current recycling process. As of now we provide a drop-off location for recycling and this new proposal would provide for curbside pickup using a designated trash cart specifically for recycled materials.
If you have any questions about the proposed plan please contact the Administration Office at 675-6500.
Proposed Recycling Plan (Sept 2021)