Apply or Renew a U.S. Passport


PLEASE GO TO to review the new requirements and locations in our area that are able to process your passport. As soon as we are able to begin processing passports we will have our process posted here.

US Passports applications are handled at the City of Trenton Parks & Recreation Department, located at the Kennedy Arena.

Passport Hours are: Monday – Friday fr


om 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

No appointment necessary, however please call ahead to ensure someone is available to assist you. Contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (734)675-7300 with any questions or concerns.  

Six Month Validity Rule
The Six Months Validity Rule is imposed by foreign countries, and not by the United States. It simply means that your passport should be valid for more than six months from your return travel date. Click here to search the passport validity requirements for the country you will be visiting.

What you Need to Apply for a Passport

    Application filled out.  To fill out passport application online go to:
    Drivers license
    Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From City/County where born)
    Passport pictures  – Must meet Passport Requirements (taken within past six months,     white background, and 2” x 2”, etc.)
    Two Separate Payments

Additional items for a child passport
Both parents must be present to sign for a child’s application (15 and under).
Children under the age of 16 reapplying for a passport must still submit Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From City/County) with application.
Passports not yet expired MUST be submitted as well.
To be sure not to delay the process it is best to bring in the expired Passport with the required documents in case it must be submitted.

Name Changed Since Last Passport
If your name has changed from prior your passport you will need to submit documentation to show name change (Court Order, Marriage License, etc.). Please call if you have questions.

Expired Passport Of More Than 5 Years
If your passport has been expired more than 5 years or you were a minor (under 16 years old) at the time the passport was issued, you will need to reapply for a passport with the DS-11 Form.