OVERVIEW OF SHUTTLE SERVICE
The Trenton Transportation Shuttle Service is operated by the City of Trenton, in partnership with the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART), and provides door-to-door transportation to senior residents 60 years and older or persons with a qualifying disability.
Transportation is provided within the following boundaries:
- North – Northline Road
- South – Vreeland Road
- East – Riverside Drive or West Jefferson
- West - Telegraph Road
This transportation service offers registrants affordable access to health care, adult daytime activities and events, grocery shopping, and other appointments in the Trenton and surrounding Downriver area.
Note: Due to the ongoing pandemic, only essential trips will be scheduled until further notice.
As we relaunch transportation services for Trenton Seniors, there are some new guidelines and procedures you’ll need to know.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
The City of Trenton, in conjunction with SMART, has taken a number of steps to protect the health and safety of the passengers, drivers, and staff as the Transportation shuttle service re-opens. The following procedures and requirements will now be in effect for the Trenton Transportation service until further notice:
1. At the time of your reservation, you will be notified of and/or asked certain Health screening questions related to COVID-19 symptoms. A call may also be made one day prior to your scheduled appointment to review any additional or new symptoms regarding COVID-19.
2. If the office is not able to contact and speak with you at the time of your reservation, your trip will be not be scheduled.
3. Mask and/or Face Coverings are required at all times.
4. A Temperature check of passengers will be taken by driver prior to entering vehicle.
5. Before your scheduled trip, please be sure to wash your hand with soap and water and use a hand sanitizer.
6. Please review CDC Guidelines for reducing the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases while using the Trenton Transportation Program.
7. To assist with social distancing requirements, only one person will be allowed per trip. Riders are requested to practice social distancing as much as possible, staying 6 ft. from driver upon entering and exiting the vehicle.
8. All trips must be pre-paid. No cash payment will be accepted by drivers. Please contact the Westfield office at 675-0063 to arrange pre-payment for your trips.
9. If you do not feel well, please cancel your scheduled trip and re-schedule at a later date when you are well.
You must be a Trenton resident and live within the corporate City Limits of Trenton, be at least 60 years of age or disabled. Disabled residents under the age of 60 must provide proper documentation to register such as a Medicare card or a letter defining your disability from your physician.
SERVICE & RESERVATION INFORMATION
Hours & Days of Service
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
Service Hours: 9:00 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
The first pickup is at 9:00 am, and the last time to call for an afternoon pickup is by 3:00 pm.
Transportation is closed in observance of all yearly and City of Trenton holidays and the excludes transportation to the Airport.
NOTE: Trips must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
$3.50 each way traveled.
Discounts are available with multiple trip package purchases. Purchases of ten trips or more will be $3.00 each way.
An out of boundary trip may be scheduled, with the approval of the office manager for an additional charge of $3.00 per mile.
NOTE: On days when it’s busy with local appointments, an out of boundary trip will not be scheduled.
SCHEDULING A TRIP
To schedule your trips call (734) 675-7300, and have the following information ready:
Once you are registered and are ready to schedule your trip, please be sure to provide the following information so your reservation can be scheduled accurately:
- Name of person needing transportation
- Contact phone number
- Date and time of appointment for which transportation is being requested
- Pick-up location address
- Destination location address
- Verify it is a one-way trip or round-trip
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Decisions regarding the delayed opening or closure of Trenton Senior Transportation Service are made with the utmost regard for the safety of our participants and staff. In the event of inclement weather, Senior Transportation will follow the lead of the Trenton Public School District. If they are closed due to weather conditions then the transportation program will also be closed. If severe weather is predicted we ask that you take the proper precautions in setting up alternative transportation if your appointment is deemed critical.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
Go to Online Registration to register for the program.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to setup your account. If you are unable to complete the process, please call the Recreation Department at 734-675-7300 and we will assist you in getting your account in place.
Upon approval of your account, you will be eligible to purchase trips.
NOTE: Be sure to add funds to your account to cover the costs of transportation, this is how you will be charged for the usage of the shuttle.