Trenton City Hall: 2800 Third St. Trenton, MI 48183 | Phone: (734) 675-6500 Fax: (734) 675-4088
Incorporated July 22, 1957
ORIGIN OF NAME:
Some think the city was named after one of its first white settlers, Major Caleb Truax, but other historians believe the name came from the strata of limestone known as the Trenton series, which underlies the region.
FORM OF GOVERNMENT:
Home Rule (Mayor/Council)
7.4 Square Miles
2010 Census 18,853
580 feet above sea level
Mean annual temperature - 48.5 F Average annual rainfall - 31.85 inches
AVERAGE AGE OF RESIDENT:
AVERAGE FAMILY SIZE:
NUMBER OF HOUSEHOLDS:
STATE EQUALIZED VALUE:
200 acres, supplemented by 75
22 City; 1 County; 6 Schools
BOAT LAUNCHING SITES:
1 City; 1 County
Two (2) Elementary Schools
One (1) Middle School
One (1) High School
One (1) Parochial School (K-8th grade)
One (1) with 65,603 volumes
Seaway Hospital with 203 beds opened in 1961
(now known as Oakwood South Shore Hospital)
15 representing 10 denominations
5 Banks and 2 Credit Unions
One (1) local (The News Herald) and two (2) Metro daily (The Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News)
Daimler Chrysler Corporation, Detroit Edison, DSC, Ltd, and Solutia Corporation
West Jefferson Avenue, Fort Street and West Road
Two (2), Conrail and Canadian National.
15 Manufacturing establishments, with principal products including the following: electric, power, cement, plastics, steel, chemicals, gasoline, fuel oils, and boats.
76.6 miles of streets and highways, of which 4.9 miles are State roads, 12.9 miles are County roads, 12 miles are major City roads, 46.8 miles are local City roads, 73 miles of sanitary sewers, 64.71 miles of gas main, 4,500,000 gallons daily average water pumpage, 70 miles of water mains.
There are no subpages to display at this time...
There are no quick links to display at this time...