Trenton City Hall: 2800 Third St. Trenton, MI 48183 | Phone: (734) 675-6500 Fax: (734) 675-4088
ARTICLE V. CITY EVENTS
Sec. 70-151. Definitions
The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this article, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
Special event includes the city's Midsummer Festival, Fireworks Display, Treadmill Run, and Taste of Trenton, or other similar type events located within the city, coordinated or sponsored by the city, and designated as such by resolution of the city council.
(Code 1974, § 23-91)
Cross references: Definitions generally, § 1-2.
Sec. 70-152. Penalty
Any person violating any of the terms of this article shall be subject to a fine of not more than $100.00, plus court costs.
(Code 1974, § 23-95)
Sec. 70-153. Prohibited activities.
It shall be unlawful for any person in attendance at any special event to engage in any of the following conduct or activities in an area designated for a special event by resolution of the city council:
(1) Bring any animal (including any fish or reptile) into the area designated for the special event, whether or not in a restraining device, unless the animal is necessary to assist the handicapped, or is registered to participate in an official event, contest, or other activity authorized by the city or the other collective sponsors of the special event.
(2) Bring or ride any bicycle, unicycle, moped, or motorized scooter into the area designated for the special event, unless the cycle is registered to participate in an official event, contest, or other activity authorized by the city or the other collective sponsors of the special event or required by the owner to assist with a handicap; however, it shall be permissible to walk such devices to any storage rack, if any, which is provided by the city or sponsors for that purpose.
(3) Wear or utilize any skateboard, roller skates, roller blades, or other similar device in the special event area.
(4) Take or carry any radio, tape player, stereo, boom box, speakers, or other device which audibly transmits music, voice, or other sound into the special event area; however, it shall be permissible for an individual to wear a radio, tape, or compact disc device transmitting sound only through earphones or headphones to the carrier.
(5) Possess open intoxicants or consume alcoholic beverages in the area designated for the special event unless such beverages are purchased from and dispensed by an individual or entity licensed to sell such beverages, which has permission from the state liquor control commission for outdoor sales if applicable, and such entity is approved by the city council to sell such beverages for consumption in the area designated for the special event subject to those restrictions as to time, dates, and locations as itmay impose.
(6) Bring into the area designated for the special event any container of alcoholic beverages.
(Code 1974, § 23-92)
Sec. 70-154. Enforcement.
Refusal or failure to comply with this article shall be cause for removal of the individual from the special event or arrest or issuance of a citation for violation of this article by a police officer, and removal of the contraband item from the designated area.
(Code 1974, § 23-93)
Sec. 70-155. Authority to make additional rules and regulations.
The city hereby authorizes the designated coordinating agency or sponsor to adopt such other reasonable rules and regulations as may be necessary for the orderly conduct of activities at and during the special event.
(Code 1974, § 23-94)
Sec. 70-156. Additional restrictions on consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages.
Nothing in this article shall prohibit the city from enforcing the provisions of chapter 6 regarding consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages or the penalties therein.
(Code 1974, § 23-96)