Trenton City Hall: 2800 Third St. Trenton, MI 48183 | Phone: (734) 675-6500 Fax: (734) 675-4088


Parks and Recreation Department

Joann Gonyea, Director

Mrs.Gonyea began her career with the City of Trenton Parks and Recreation Department in November of 1985 as Program Coordinator. In 1991, she was promoted to Assistant Director, in which capacity she served the community for the next 20 years. In November of 2011, she was appointed Director of the Parks and Recreation Department by Mayor Kyle Stack. Mrs.Gonyea received a Bachelors of Science in Recreation and Park Service from Wayne State University and is a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional through the National Recreation and Park Association.

Office Hours:
8:30AM to 5:00PM, M-F

Phone: (734) 675-7300
Fax: (734) 675-8855

Mailing Address:
2800 Third Street
Trenton, MI 48183

Joann Perna
Joann Gonyea, CPRP


Online Registration is HERE

Let your fingers do the walking! Trenton Parks and Recreation customers are now able to register for most programs, activities and events from the comfort of their own home with the help of the internet. Trenton Parks and Recreation Department launched their online registration service where persons can sign up and pay for recreational programs and activities around the clock. The online service is provided through Peak Software Systems website.

The Buzz seeks advertisers

Catch the Buzz for the year's greatest Marketing Value! This yearly magazine is an excellent resource for Trenton residents by providing information on programs, events and services, as well as a comprehensive Business Directory and 12 month calendar, May 2015-April 2016.Click here for advertising information and you will see that our advertising packages offer exceptional value, providing a year's worth of advertising for pennies a day. If you are interested in advertising this year, complete the form and return it by March 17, 2015 to ensure a year's worth of advertisement with Trenton Residents.

Attention Travelers:

Before making any travel plans make sure you stop at the Parks and Recreation office to have your passport processed. You will need 1 passport picture ( 2" x 2"), check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State, picture I.D., and evidence of U.S. citizenship, and an additional $25 paid to the City of Trenton for processing fees. Children under the age of 16 must have both parents or child's legal guardian(s) present. Appointments are required and are taken by calling Hannah Baker at the Parks and Rec. office at (734) 675-7300. Happy Travels!

Parks and Recreation Department